* LIRR GH Station House - Last year the LIRR fixed the outside of the GH station house, however, shutters and other details were not finished. The Civics have an agreement from the RR to complete the job this Fall. We will be monitoring to completion.
* DOWNTOWN GH BEAUTIFICATION PROJECT - The project has slowed somewhat in the past couple of weeks as the Town informs us they are waiting for delivery of the lights, however, they advise us the project will start again shortly with replacement trees and lights being installed next. We thank the Town officials as the job is coming along nicely.
* SUNOCO/BANK PROPERTY - As stated during our last update, the Bank has agreed to purchase the property pending building approvals. The Civics met with Bank officials and the Bank presented a detailed plan for the two story building to be erected once approvals are obtained. The process is expected to take about over 20 months. In the meantime Sunoco last week decided to remove all signage hung around the fence of the property.
* HALMS INDUSTRY PROPERTY (180 GH Road) - As stated in previous updates these 5.3 acres of land where Halms industries is located is up for sale. The Civics have been working with the owner and the broker for various possibilities which included Townhouses, Assisted Living, and now the local Gold Coast Library. The Civics continue to meet with the various parties to ensure the community is aware of decisions to be made concerning this property.
* LUNDY'S PROPERTY - The Civics have asked the Town of Oyster Bay to seek resolution to the property which has been vacant for over 13 years. The Town has promised to investigate the possibility of demolishing the dilapidated building currently on this property as it is a risk to the community. An update is expected during the Civics' next meeting with Town officials.