- Water Company charges - Last week several Civic representatives met with two local Councilmen – Ed Ra and Michael Montesano – to seek their assistance in resolving the lack of responses from the Public Service Commission and the Attorney General’s office concerning the rates being charged to many of our community members for water usage. We agreed to a plan of action and a timetable for obtaining replies to a number of inquiries related to resolving this ongoing issue.
- Halms Industries – The broker is getting several offers ranging from an Assisted Living facility, Townhouses and a mix of both. The Civics are monitoring the offers and encouraging the broker to accept offers that would generate taxes, minimum traffic and the smallest possible number of children attending the schools.
- Sunoco property – Negotiations with the Bank continue but at a very slow pace, reports the Sunoco representatives. Another local businessman has shown interest on the property and is in touch with Sunoco.
- Meeting with the Town Of Oyster Bay Supervisor’s office – Two weeks ago several Civic representatives met with several TOB officials from the Supervisor’s office for the purpose of discussing items pending resolution to improve the quality of life in our community, among them: Lundy’s property still abandoned, Conclusion of the project to beautify the GH business area, Sunoco property (Bank working with Sunoco), Request for a local Turf Field, and the matter of possible installation of Cell antennas. The meeting was successful and an agenda for a follow up meeting was established with the Town promising to provide an updated report by early June, when a follow up meeting is scheduled to take place.
- Property Across from the GH Community Center – The Civics have been informed that the FN Bank property across from the Community Center has been sold. The Civics have approached the company who purchased the property to seek details on their future plans. We will be seeking a meeting with them to better understand their plans and ensure there are no surprises to the community.
We will be monitoring all of these matters and will keep everyone appraised. Let me know if there are any questions.