CASH MOB COMING TO VILLAGE WINE MERCHANT ON MARCH 1
Recognizing that a thriving business district is one of the fundamental pillars on which a strong community rests, local businesswoman, Debra Gordon, has launched a cash mob movement within the greater Glen Head, Glenwood, Sea Cliff area.
Organized in advance, with the message spread by word of mouth, social media and local news outlets, cash mobbers choose to descend on a particular business on a particular day to make purchases. The cash mob does not simply bring about a one day boost to a local store or restaurant, but can often lead to sustained growth in customer base as the practice results in many people being introduced to an outstanding business that had previously been overlooked.
The practice has become increasingly wide-spread across the United States as the small businesswoman and man is often bypassed by shoppers who are often willing to drive many miles to the closest big box store in search of the illusory “deal”, unaware of the outstanding services, products, and bargains that are available to them right at their doorsteps.
Last month, Ms. Gordon, owner of Gem Craft Boutique on Glen Head Road, organized her first cash mob that led to scores of customers descending on Twisted Yogurt on Glen Cove Avenue in the center of Glen Head on February 8. The next business to be targeted will be the Village Wine Merchant at 252A Sea Cliff Avenue,Sea Cliff, which will be mobbed on March 1.
Ms. Gordon has created a Facebook group page (The North Shore Cash Mobs - Glen Head - Glenwood Landing - Sea Cliff) which announces upcoming cash mobs and gives local business the opportunity to advertise. It also lays down the ground rules.
1. The mob date and meeting location must be announced at least a week in advance via Twitter, Facebook, or media.
2. The amount to spend will not be more than $20, although people can spend more if they wish.
3. The business must have products that cost less than $20, and that it is best to have items for both men and women.
4. The business must be a local business and independently operated
5. The business owner must give back to the community in some way
6. The business owner must approve the Cash Mob before the mob is announced
7. The Cash Mob will occur during a weekday evening or on a weekend
8. Pictures will be posted on Facebook after the Cash Mob.
9. New Businesses opened within the last 5 years or businesses that are having difficulties at this time will be considered first.
Ms. Gordon says that Cash Mobs not only benefit local businesses and the Community as a whole, but also provide great social opportunities.
See you at the Village Wine Merchant on March 1st.
CLICK HERE FOR THE NORTH SHORE CASH MOBS - GLEN HEAD, GLEN WOOD LANDING, SEA CLIFF FACEBOOK GROUP PAGE
BACK TO WEEKLY EDITION
BACK TO HOME PAGE